Due to some requests for bath bombs, I wanted to try my hand at making them for the first time. I decided on 4 different varieties, one of which was English Rose.
With baking soda and citric acid mixed together, fragrance oil and sweet almond oil were added next. I split the mixture in half, and added a couple drops of color to one half. Then, I spritzed with witch hazel until the consistency was right…or so I was hoping! I had no idea if I was doing anything right, to be honest. And this feeling only intensified as I was packing the mixture into the molds. Was I packing them too tight? Not tight enough? Did I put enough in the middle to make sure they stick together? Would those little gaps on the sides ensure the inevitable failure that would be my first bath bomb project!? As usual, I was preparing for the worst. That’s the way I roll. I made three and a half bath bombs, and let them set overnight.
The next morning, before I took the molds apart, I was already impressed with how hard they had gotten. That was a good sign. The plastic molds that I used were going to double as packaging, but they were horrendously difficult to pry apart. I had to resort to using pliers. Therefore, I decided that I will just wrap them and box them up instead. But anyway, back to the unmolding. The bath bombs were intact! They didn’t break in half or crumble into dust! Hooray! Then came the true test…I took the half bath bomb and dropped it into some warm water and wow!! All in all a great first experience. I look forward to making the rest soon 🙂